✅✅✅ Top 10 Beginner DSLR Cameras: http://amzn.to/2zv352q
✅✅ Buy the Nikon D3400 on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jf3y17
✅✅ Nikon D3400 Full Reviews: http://amzn.to/2iGZ7ff
✅✅ Nikon D3400 Sample Images: http://amzn.to/2iGZ7ff
Nikon D3400 Review vs Canon T6 vs Nikon D3300
Best Cheap Beginner DSLR Camera
Nikon D3400 Review:
• Hey What’s up everyone, my names Chris Winter and today I’m going to take a look at the brand new Nikon D3400.
• But let’s now take a look at this brand new Nikon D3400.
—————— BUILD QUALITY ——————
• To start off with, let’s take a look at the build quality and features of the Nikon D3400.
• Now if you’ve ever used a Nikon dslr before, you’ll feel right at home with the D3400. It’s got that familiar Nikon feeling with with the majority of the buttons placed vertically on the left of the screen.
• If this is your very first DSLR you might feel like it’s quite heavy in comparison to other point and shoot cameras or your phone, but in fact the Nikon D3400 is one of the lighter DSLR’s you can buy. It’s really quite amazing just how light it is.
• And to me this is a good thing.
• Even compared to the previous Nikon D3300, the D3400 is now even lighter, coming in at 395 grams vs 430 grams. Now that might not sound like too much, but if that gets you out taking more photos and enjoying photography more, I think that’s great.
—————— LCD SCREEN ——————
• Let’s turn the camera around now and talk about the LCD screen on the back here.
• I’ve actually been very impressed with the screen on the back of the Nikon D3400. For a beginner level DSLR It’s got very good brightness and detail.
• Now coming in at 921,000 dots, it’s a similar display to that on the older version. For me though one thing that I would have liked to have seen and I’m a little bit dissapointed in is that we are still missing a touch screen.
• Having a touch screen really can be great, especially if you’re used to shooting on your phone.
• That being said even in bright daylight, the D3400’s screen is very good and should work well when you’re not using the viewfinder.
—————— WIFI & BLUETOOTH ——————
• Now one of the stand out features on the Nikon D3400 is the inclusion of it’s new Snapbridge technology.
• Essentialy, Snapbridge allows you to take a picture on your Nikon camera and have it be automatically transferedt o your phone or your tablet.
• Overall it worked really quite well in my testing.
• This might seem like a bit of a small inclusion to the seasoned photographer, but for people getting into photography this is a great inclusion.
• Especially for younger users who might be used to posting to Facebook and instagram, it’s great that they will be able to share their photos taken on their DSLR online.
—————— CANON T6, NIKON D3300 ——————
• So the D3400 just got released a few weeks ago and being in the beginner market, it’s actually got a lot of competition.
• Firstly the camera most people will be comparing it to will be the Nikon d3300 which came before it. Now the cameras are actually really quite similar but the fact that he D3400 does have wireless capabilities is a big bonus to me.
• And then we’ve got Canon. They’ve got their Canon T6 which has been an incredibly popular camera. To me it looks like the D3400 is going to be slightly better with a larger sensor and higher burst rate, but I’ll have to test that more in my comparison review which will be up shortly.
—————— VIDEO ——————
• Let’s quickly talk about video for a second.
• Overall I was pretty impressed the video quality on the D3400, especially for a beginner level DSLR.
• Generally I tend to recommend Canon or Sony over Nikon if you really want to take your video seriously, but for every day shots, the D3400 will be totally fine.
• One thing however that I was disappointed with with the D3400 is the lack of an microphone jack.
• The old d3300 had the mic jack which was great if you wanted to plug in a mic to get some great sound, but it seems Nikon have thought that it wasn’t nessecary in the new version.
• For most people it’s not a big deal, but for budding cinematogaphers it’s a bit of a bummer.
• But overall, for most video occasions, the d3400 will do the job well.
—————— BATTERY LIFE ——————
• Now one thing I really wanted to touch on was battery life, and this is huge.
• I’ve found that the battery on the D3400 is a huge step up in comparison to the D3300.
• Nikon are claiming that the battery life is around 1200 shots per charge on the d3400, compared to just 700 shots on the older model.
• And in my testing, that’s about right.
• But what does this mean to you?
• Well it essentially means rather than taking a spare battery with you on your weekend away, you should be pretty fine to just take your camera and go, without the worry that it’s going to run out.
• Great job on that one Nikon.